For your final project each of you will present a PowerPoint Presentation to the class. Answer the following questions:
- What is your topic or what topics are you considering?
- Will your presentation be persuasive or informative? Why did you choose this method?
- What are you using to gather information about your topic?
Remember if you use information from another source that is not something you created – you will have to give credit to the owner. Therefore, you will have a last slide named references or Works Cited where you give the author’s name and the link (if found via the web) to your source. This does not have to be in an academic format, but if you use a picture from http://www.fakesource.com/pictureofcow.jpg, it should read: Fake Source–Picture of cow: LINK HERE at the least.
- Will you look primarily on the web for your sources, or do you have sources of your own that you will be using?
- What type of media are you going to be using?
Read “Avoiding Common Mistakes in an Introduction” on PRES 30-31 in your PowerPoint Book. Have you ever seen a presentation where one of these mistakes was made? If so, explain. If not, tell us which mistake you want to avoid, and how you will prepare not to make that mistake.
First Response is due by Thursday, December 5th, 2013 by 6pm.
Second Response is due by Tuesday, December 10th by 6pm.