In Orientation and in the weeks leading up to your admission to Interface College, you heard, a number of times, the term AHA mentioned and explained. It stands for Attitude, Hard Work, and Attendance. Some of you are at the beginning of your program and some of you are finishing up CORE in a few weeks and heading into your second semester. It is a good time for everyone to consider their goals and what these terms mean to each of you.
Write an essay in which you describe what AHA means to you. (Min. 200 Words)
- Explain how each of the three elements is important for your success. (Instead of saying “I need to have a good attitude”, explain what kind of attitude will be helpful for you to be successful
- i.e. “I need to adopt a more positive attitude, looking at each task and assignment for what I can learn from it instead of seeing it as work or a burden.”)
- Using your own past life experiences, give examples of lessons you have learned about Attitude, Hard Work, and Attendance
- i.e. “In past jobs I have had, I didn’t believe it was important to be to work early or on time, and my employers had to remind me of what the work hours were. As a result, I now can see that attendance is important if I am going to be successful in a professional job where I am expected to get a job done regardless of how long it takes.”
- In your responses, evaluate what other students have said about AHA, and discuss any lessons you can learn from their experiences. (Min 75 Words each)
The first response is due by 6pm on Wednesday October 2nd before class.
Respond to two of your classmates by Monday, October 7th by 6pm. Please note–if you do not reach word count for your initial post or responses or if you neglect to answer the question/prompt, you will need to revise it to get attendance credit.
The first response is due by 6pm on Thursday October 3rd before class.
Respond to two of your classmates by Tuesday, October 8th by 6pm. Please note–if you do not reach word count for your initial post or responses or if you neglect to answer the question/prompt, you will need to revise it to get attendance credit.